Best Real Estate Lawyers Mississauga

Visit Canada

Temporary Residence Visa or eTA

Visitor Visa

Every year, over 35 million of people visit Canada. This is due to the cosmopolitan cities that are clean, safe, friendly, and multicultural. The country is filled with famous landmarks, historical wonders providing all the outdoor exploration possibilities, delicious foods, and incredible culture. Whatever the reason may be, we at JSM LAW can help make your process of obtaining a visitor visa to Canada seamless.

A Visitor Visa or Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is required if you come from a country that is not considered a visa exempt. The TRV is a document issued by a Canadian Immigration Visa Centre outside Canada showing that the recipient of the TRV satisfies the requirements for admission to Canada as a visitor. It is pertinent to note that despite obtaining a TRV, visitors must prove at the Port of Entry that the purpose of their visit to Canada is of temporary nature and they will return to their home country once the purpose of their visit is completed. Officers at the Port of Entry have the right to deny admission to all persons who, in their opinion, do not intend to leave Canada at the expiry of their TRV.

To Qualify for a Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa) you must:

  • Prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay
  • Show that you have enough funds to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home
  • Not intend to work or study in Canada unless you are authorized by the Government of Canada
  • Have no criminal record
  • Not be a risk to the security of Canada
  • Medically admissible

Travellers with passports from countries that are visa-exempt will require an eTA (electronic Travel Authorization) prior to their arrival in Canada unless they are citizens of United States of America. Authorization will be linked to your passport and will be valid for 5 years.

Super Visa

A Super Visa is a great way to bring parents and grandparents of Canadian Citizens to Canada. This multi-entry Visa lasts up to 10 years and can be valid for 2 years at a time before it has to be renewed. This is a great alternative to those who are waiting for sponsorship of their parents for Permanent Residence or who do not qualify for Parental sponsorship.

Requirements for a Super Visa:

  • Applicant must be the parent or grandparent of a permanent resident or Canadian Resident
  • Applicant must complete a medical assessment
  • Sponsor must meet the minimum necessary income for Super Visa
  • Sponsor (child or grandchild) must provide an undertaking that they will provide financial support to the Applicant
  • Sponsor has medical insurance coverage of at least $100,000 for a minimum of 1 year
Size of family Unit Minimum Necessary Income
2 Persons $33,140
3 Persons $40,742
4 persons $49,466
5 persons $56,104
6 persons $63,276
7 persons $70,448
Each additional person $7,172

JSM Law offers Legal Services to clients across Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto, Oakville, Hamilton, Milton, Burlington, North York, Caledon, Vaughan, Markham, Scarborough, Downtown Toronto, Richmond Hill, Newmarket, King, Halton Hills, and Greater Toronto Area.

For Legal Services, Contact JSM Law - Law Firm in Mississauga, Ontario